1st And 2nd Mortgage Refinance Loan – Why Refinance Both Mortgages?
The hassle of making two monthly mortgage payments has prompted many homeowners to consider refinancing their 1st and 2nd mortgages into one loan. While combining both loans into one mortgage is convenient, and may save you money, homeowners should carefully weigh the risks and advantages before choosing to refinance their mortgages.
Benefits Associated with Combining 1st and 2nd Mortgages
Aside from consolidating your mortgages and making one monthly payment, a mortgage consolidation may lower your monthly payments to mortgage lenders. If you acquired your 1st or 2nd mortgage before home loan rates began to decline, you are likely paying an interest rate that is at least two points above current market rates. If so, a refinancing will greatly benefit you. By refinancing both mortgages with a low interest rate, you may save hundreds on your monthly mortgage payment.
Furthermore, if you accepted a 1st and 2nd mortgage with an adjustable mortgage rate, refinancing both loans at a fixed rate may benefit you in the long run. Even if your current rates are low, these rates are not guaranteed to remain low. As market trends fluctuated, your adjustable rate mortgages are free to rise. Higher mortgage rates will cause your mortgage payment to climb considerably. Refinancing both mortgages with a fixed rate will ensure that your mortgage remains predictable.
Disadvantages to Refinancing 1st and 2nd Mortgage
Before choosing to refinance your mortgages, it is imperative to consider the drawbacks of combining both mortgages. To begin, refinancing a mortgage involves the same procedures as applying for the initial mortgage. Thus, you are required to pay closing costs and fees. In this case, refinancing is best for those who plan to live in their homes for a long time.
If your credit score has dropped considerably within recent years, lenders may not approve you for a low rate refinancing. By refinancing and consolidating both mortgages, be prepared to pay a higher interest rate. Before accepting an offer, carefully compare the savings.
Moreover, refinancing your two mortgages may result in you paying private mortgage insurance (PMI). PMI is required for home loans with less than 20% equity. To avoid paying private mortgage insurance, homeowners may consider refinancing both mortgages separately, as opposed to consolidating both mortgage loans.
About the author:
Written by: Carrie Reeder
- 84Gone are the days when money could be fetched either by mere mortgaging or financing something. Now it is time to get money via an amalgam of the two i.e. Mortgage Refinance. Mortgage refinance is a smart idea to have a good credit sum and repay it in an easy…
- 83You may have become used to the monthly house payment that you make. But for many of us refinancing our homes is a great way to save money, lower the house payment, and unlock some of the equity already built change such as refinancing in the house. What exactly does…
- 82Bargain mortgage rate shoppers are on a refinancing spree. Many have secured unbelievably great deals. Others have gotten caught up in the frenzy and got the short end of the stick. How can you refinance your home without getting burned? Last week mortgage application reports indicated that homeowners went on…
- 80The lower your interest rate on your refinance mortgage, the more money you will save. But not all refinance loans are created equal. To get the lowest interest rates, follow these three tips when applying for you refinancing. 1. Refinance Your Entire Mortgage Refinancing your entire mortgage will help you…
- 78If you are looking to purchase Kentucky refinance mortgage loan to benefit from current lowest interest rates then read on… Do you require Kentucky Refinance Mortgage Loan Are you paying too high interest rates on your mortgage loan? Wondering about current drop in mortgage interest rates and wondering how you…
- 78The real estate market in California is booming. Home values continue to appreciate almost on a daily basis. Refinancing your home is an excellent way to take advantage of the low interest rates currently being offered by California lenders. The beautiful scenery and warm climate make California and ideal place…
- 76HI All, With an office in Phoenix, AZ, bugs finance was founded by group of students from Arizona State University. Bugs finance is known as being a leader in the lending industry. Founded in 2009, bugs finance is a subsidiary of D and E financing. Bugs Finance delivers excellent customer…
- 76Refinancing can have other financial benefits besides lowering rates. Locking in rates can protect you from higher rates, saving you money on future interest costs. You can also change your ARM for better caps to prevent huge monthly increases. Consolidating your bills with your equity saves on credit card rates…
- 76If you are looking for a mortgage refinance, it never hurts to shop around for the best rate and deal. Shopping around could mean the difference between paying or saving thousands of dollars in closing costs, and interest fees'. If time happens to be on your side, and you don't…
- 75Bad Credit Mortgage Refinance If you are looking to refinance your mortgage but believe you will be unable to because your credit may be challenged by late payments, bankruptcy, charge off's, or unpaid medical bills to name a few, don't worry, there is hope. There are literally thousands of lenders…
Share Your Thoughts
Category: Tips Articles