5 Tips to Getting Extra Money for Christmas Shopping
Christmas shopping is getting more and more expensive each year. With over 70% of Americans reported to be living paycheck to paycheck, where does the money come from for Christmas shopping? Here are 5 tips to getting some extra money for holiday shopping:
1 – Sell items on Ebay
Everyone is buying right now. Why not have them buy what you have for sale? All different types of items sell on ebay – the clothes your kids never even wore that still have the tags on them, DVD’s, collectible items sitting around just collecting, and any other “hot” items you may have lying around.
2 – Garage Sale
Do a little ‘Winter Cleaning” and make room for those Christmas decorations and presents. A Saturday morning garage sale can make you $50-$500, or more. One person’s junk is another’s treasure!
3 – Collect your Unclaimed Money
There is an estimated $25 billion dollars of unclaimed money in the U.S. On the Oprah Winfrey TV Show it was announced 8 out of 9 Americans have unclaimed money.This money comes from many places. For example it could be an old checking or savings account your forgot about, an inheritance, savings bonds, uncashed checks or money orders, the list goes on and on. This money is yours and just sitting there waiting for you to claim it. A simple search in a quality database that includes all states and federal unclaimed money could mean a check in your mailbox!
A simple search in a quality database that includes all states and federal unclaimed money could mean a check in your mailbox! www.cashunclaimed.com is the largest unclaimed money site and is a great place to conduct your unclaimed money search.
4 – Holiday Job or Overtime
Companies are hiring for the Christmas shopping rush. Usually they are simple retail positions that don’t require specialized training or experience. A couple nights or days a week could be $1000 by Christmas!
If you are paid hourly at your job, and have enough work and flexibility with your schedule, you can put in some extra hours.
Workers who have restaurant jobs can pick up extra shifts.
Special Note: Many people claim 0 exemptions on their W4. If you have children, own a home, etc. increase your exemptions to the correct number. Your employer can assist you in filling out a new W4. This can mean an extra $50-$400 per paycheck!
5 – Reduce Expenses
You can reduce simple monthly expenses to keep more of the money you already have. Here are a couple money saving ideas:
*Eat in instead of dinning out A family of 4 that eats out twice a week spends about $100 per week.
*Pay minimum payments this month on credit cards Don’t make this a habit, but for December it will give you a little extra rather than racking up more credit card debt
*Leave your ATM card at home, carry a little cash for what you need
*Make coffee at home and skip your morning latte (you’ll live, really you will)
Now that you have the extra money – Merry Christmas Shopping!
About the author:
Nicole Anderson offers more information about unclaimed money at Cash Unclaimed. Would you like to receive your lost funds check without searching 100+ individual databases? A simple unclaimed property search could mean a check in your mailbox. Click on www.cashunclaimed.com for a free money search, that
Written by: Nicole Anderson
User Review( votes)
- 79This article shows how doing it online, enhances your overall Christmas experience! Christmas shopping online is not for you? If you are one of those that share this thought, you probably like to enjoy the atmosphere of physical shopping. Doing your Christmas shopping online despite all its convenience, lack…
- 73Mystery shopping is a long time and very easy to understand concept. In this very competitive age customer service is paramount to retailers. These retailers hire mystery shoppers, also known as secret shoppers to evaluate staff performance, check on customer service and evaluate front line cashier staff. Retail managers use…
- 72Discount Online Shopping Wednesday, April 27, 2009 - - Discount online shopping is a welcome reality of modern life, combining the convenience of purchasing over the Internet with considerable cost savings. And for the very best of discount online shopping in the United States and Canada, there is only one…
- 71Christmas shopping is no longer confined to the local mall or an annual catalog that happens to find it's way into your mailbox. Thanks to advanced technology, there is literally a whole world of shopping at your fingertips. The internet has revolutionized the way people shop and, besides, what better…
- 70---<<+>>-----<<+>>-----<<+>>-----<<+>>-----<<+>>-----<<+>> Shopping Tips: 1. If you are over 50 you can save hundreds of dollars off of car insurance and hotel stays by joining AARP (American Association of Retired Persons). Also, adding your children to your car insurance policy can also save you hundreds per year too. 2. If you…
- 70Valetta, Malta - September 15, 2009 - Staying alert to turbulent market opportunities and growing thirst for gambling goods and accessories, Gamblinggates.com has launched its long-awaited e-shopping facility. GamblingGates.com customers are presented with a wide-ranging selection of gambling-related books, videos, DVDs, games and accessories. Look at reviews, descriptions, and other details…
Share Your Thoughts
Category: Tips Articles