6 Great Online Christmas Shopping Tips
Christmas shopping is no longer confined to the local mall or an annual catalog that happens to find it’s way into your mailbox. Thanks to advanced technology, there is literally a whole world of shopping at your fingertips. The internet has revolutionized the way people shop and, besides, what better way to do your Christmas shopping than from the comfort of your own home. No longer must we suit up and weather the harsh winter days in the hopes of checking a few names off of our Christmas list. The store aisles, as we know them, are crowded and hectic.
But now, many store aisles are becoming virtual, a shopping cart is something you fill with images of a product and a checkout is something that you click on to confirm your order. Things have changed a lot in the past years and I wonder how many of us couldn’t even imagine what life would be like without the convenience of shopping on the internet. There are several tips for online Christmas shopping, which can make the experience a smooth and pleasant one.
Online Christmas Shopping Tip #1: Be prepared
It’s a good idea to start your shopping with a complete list. This will save you both time and money with having to go back and place a separate order later on. With most online stores, you pay a flat shipping fee. In some cases, if you spend a certain amount of money on your order, the shipping and handling fee is waived. It’s always best to get everything you want, all at once, to save on shipping. Before you commit to buying from one store, shop around and compare prices on both the product and shipping.
Online Christmas Shopping Tip #2: The early bird gets the gift
If you want to get the best selection, begin your holiday shopping early. Internet stores generally carry large quantities of every item, but even they can sell out. As Christmas draws near, it becomes more difficult to find the exact item that you’re looking for. There’s nothing like finding the perfect item and seeing the words, ‘Sold Out’ written under the price.
Online Christmas Shopping Tip #3: Shop Safe
When ordering anything online, check product reviews if available. Always shop secured websites because you will be entering your credit card, or banking information, for payment. You don’t want your financial information accessed by anyone else, which is why all secured websites let you know how they protect your data.
Online Christmas Shopping Tip #4: Wrap it up
If you’re like most, there’s not a lot of extra time around the holidays. If you need to save some time on wrapping, most online stores offer a gift wrapping service for a small fee. At some point during the ordering process, you may be asked if you would like to add gift wrap or a name tag. It’s as easy as the click of a button, which is much easier than trying to tie the perfect bow.
Online Christmas Shopping Tip #5: Check Delivery Dates
When placing your order, check to make sure that the item is in stock or will be delivered in time for Christmas. Many times, especially near the holidays, items will go on a backorder status. It’s not uncommon for an advanced order item to have a delivery date of January, so be sure to check the status of the items in your shopping cart, along with their expected delivery dates. Not only that, but it’s also a good idea to check on the company’s shipping policy and delivery time for in-stock items.
Online Christmas Shopping Tip #6: Christmas Cards?
With all the stuff going on in December it’s easy to forget to send out Christmas cards to family and friends. But if you forget to send traditional Christmas cards in time all is not lost. In fact, there are some great sites and services online that will send your christmas cards out for you (saving you precious time). You can find services that are both free and paid, and services that send both digital and tradition paper Christmas cards.
About the Author
For some great Christmas card related resources check out http://cards.christmashub.com
Written by: Rosie Fletcher
User Review( votes)
- 89This article shows how doing it online, enhances your overall Christmas experience! Christmas shopping online is not for you? If you are one of those that share this thought, you probably like to enjoy the atmosphere of physical shopping. Doing your Christmas shopping online despite all its convenience, lack…
- 78Discount Online Shopping Wednesday, April 27, 2009 - - Discount online shopping is a welcome reality of modern life, combining the convenience of purchasing over the Internet with considerable cost savings. And for the very best of discount online shopping in the United States and Canada, there is only one…
- 75Many small and medium sized businesses have found that working through an Application Service Provider or ASP (hosted and managed shopping cart software), removes the hassles that are standard in managing an online store or shopping cart. Furthermore, it is now accepted that outsourcing this function will not only benefit…
- 73Valetta, Malta - September 15, 2009 - Staying alert to turbulent market opportunities and growing thirst for gambling goods and accessories, Gamblinggates.com has launched its long-awaited e-shopping facility. GamblingGates.com customers are presented with a wide-ranging selection of gambling-related books, videos, DVDs, games and accessories. Look at reviews, descriptions, and other details…
- 71Mystery shopping is a long time and very easy to understand concept. In this very competitive age customer service is paramount to retailers. These retailers hire mystery shoppers, also known as secret shoppers to evaluate staff performance, check on customer service and evaluate front line cashier staff. Retail managers use…
- 715 Tips & Tricks for Effective Online Shopping By Pradeep Aggarwal At the dawn of the new millennium, E-Commerce or Online shopping has gained momentum in America and elsewhere with more and more people buying and selling online. According to Forrester Research the numbers are increasing at the rate of…
- 71Succeeding in business can be a hassle and a headache without the right tools. This is especially true when dealing with ecommerce. Regardless of the market, service, or goods being offered, the one tool that is essential to the success of every online ecommerce business is a reliable ecommerce shopping…
Share Your Thoughts
Category: Tips Articles