A Brief Guide When Shopping For Personal Loans
Sometimes you need extra money for unexpected expenses like car repairs, unexpected bills, health expenses, school expenses, or a myriad of other reasons. Where do you go to get money for these unplanned expenses? Personal loans are available from many different companies and lenders for consumers today whether you have good or bad credit.
Your first place to try to get a personal loan is from a bank or credit union. Many times, they can offer you a loan based on your credit record. Personal loans from a bank or credit union usually do not have collateral attached to them and they are loans based on your name and credit record. Banks and credit unions are a great place to go for a personal loan if you have comparatively good credit.
Another place that you can get a personal loan is from a personal loan company. There are many of these places that will give you a loan. They usually need you to list some sort of collateral, but if you have a job and a consistent home, then they will normally approve you. This is a good option if you cannot get a loan at a bank or credit union but you need to be a smart consumer and ask questions before signing any loan papers. You need to know the interest rate, the length of the loan, and the monthly or weekly payment amount. Make sure that you can meet the requirements of the loan or you will end up in a worsened financial situation.
There are other options available if the above two choice do not work out. You can take items from your home to a pawnshop to get a loan. This will be a higher interest rate, but if you do not have any other options, this is a good choice. A car title loan is an option, but you need to keep in mind that you will lose your car if you do not make timely payments. A payday loan company is also an option but you need to be sure that you understand the terms of the loan. You need to understand the terms of any loan that you take out to make sure that you can make the payments and pay the loan off. Some of these options are a last resort, but if you need the money for a necessity, it may be your only choice. Just be sure that you go into the loan process knowledgeable about the details of the loan.
There are times in your life that you will need extra money for unexpected or unplanned expenses. It is always best to plan ahead and have a savings account for these expenses, but sometimes it is just not possible. If you do not have any other options, then you may have to take out a loan to cover these expenses. Getting a personal loan can be stressful and difficult at times, but if you do your research and know what you are getting into, then you are sure to be satisfied with the result!
About the Author
You may freely redistribute this article on your website providing no alterations are made to the text and the links remains intact.
Written by: Paul Heath
User Review( votes)
- 74Mystery shopping is a long time and very easy to understand concept. In this very competitive age customer service is paramount to retailers. These retailers hire mystery shoppers, also known as secret shoppers to evaluate staff performance, check on customer service and evaluate front line cashier staff. Retail managers use…
- 72Discount Online Shopping Wednesday, April 27, 2009 - - Discount online shopping is a welcome reality of modern life, combining the convenience of purchasing over the Internet with considerable cost savings. And for the very best of discount online shopping in the United States and Canada, there is only one…
- 72This article shows how doing it online, enhances your overall Christmas experience! Christmas shopping online is not for you? If you are one of those that share this thought, you probably like to enjoy the atmosphere of physical shopping. Doing your Christmas shopping online despite all its convenience, lack…
- 71---<<+>>-----<<+>>-----<<+>>-----<<+>>-----<<+>>-----<<+>> Shopping Tips: 1. If you are over 50 you can save hundreds of dollars off of car insurance and hotel stays by joining AARP (American Association of Retired Persons). Also, adding your children to your car insurance policy can also save you hundreds per year too. 2. If you…
- 70Many small and medium sized businesses have found that working through an Application Service Provider or ASP (hosted and managed shopping cart software), removes the hassles that are standard in managing an online store or shopping cart. Furthermore, it is now accepted that outsourcing this function will not only benefit…
- 70Someone impersonating you could be spending your hard-earned money. Impossible! Not really, check, loan, and identity fraud are a real problem. In 2009, the federal trade commission estimated that identity fraud affected and estimated 3.3 million Americans; costing consumers $3.8 billion and business $32.9 billion. Here are…
Share Your Thoughts
Category: Tips Articles