Are you safe when shopping in online stores?
Why shop online in the first place? When you decide to go online for shopping there is a reason for that. Of course there is reason you think. But really; why not just go down town and buy the product you need? It’s probably only a street or block away.
Because you like to do some fast research on the net to compare prices maybe or to simply check your options out there in the product jungle. By a click on the mouse your product is on its way to your home. It’s amazing how easy it is now a days. Only a few years back in time you went to the mall to get all your shopping done in one place.
But now, you got the internet, which is one giant world wide mall. You can buy all kinds of stuff and products online: luxury, furniture’s, motorcycles, cars, wigs, diamond rings, shoes, golf equipment, jewellery, grocery, saltwater fish and a much more. I don’t think there is anything that the internet does not offer in some way.
But how safe are you really? One thing that is important when you shop in online stores is, look for the https in the URL in your browser before typing anything private in the stores checkout page. The s that is put in front of the http indicates that the transmission is secure and encrypted. That is preventing hackers to listen in on your shopping to steal your private data. The last thing you want is for some hacker to empty your bank account either directly or via shopping in your name so to speak. So, look for the https.
Can I trust the online stores? How sure can you be that the store actually intends to send you any of the goods you order? Maybe they simply keep your money and that is all you ever going to see from them. Again, look for signs that this online store is serious. Look for customer service; there should be a direct phone number to the store, if you have any questions you need to be answered before or after your purchase. How do they ship items, and how about if you want to return the item? It should also be possible to pay via international credit cards like Visa or similar cards. I think it is too risky to transfer money directly into a bank account, unless you know the store well.
Final word about online stores. I enjoy shopping online. I purchase books, both e-books and regular books, clothes, vitamins, access to information and much more. The net is a wonderful media when searching for information and services. Just look for the secure signs, and enjoy your shopping in online stores.
About the author:
Huge amount of quality online stores information on this site – Go there! http://www.onlinestores.infostairs.com/
Written by: Derek Gardner
User Review( votes)
- 90Discount Online Shopping Wednesday, April 27, 2009 - - Discount online shopping is a welcome reality of modern life, combining the convenience of purchasing over the Internet with considerable cost savings. And for the very best of discount online shopping in the United States and Canada, there is only one…
- 88This article shows how doing it online, enhances your overall Christmas experience! Christmas shopping online is not for you? If you are one of those that share this thought, you probably like to enjoy the atmosphere of physical shopping. Doing your Christmas shopping online despite all its convenience, lack…
- 84Valetta, Malta - September 15, 2009 - Staying alert to turbulent market opportunities and growing thirst for gambling goods and accessories, Gamblinggates.com has launched its long-awaited e-shopping facility. GamblingGates.com customers are presented with a wide-ranging selection of gambling-related books, videos, DVDs, games and accessories. Look at reviews, descriptions, and other details…
- 82Mystery shopping is a long time and very easy to understand concept. In this very competitive age customer service is paramount to retailers. These retailers hire mystery shoppers, also known as secret shoppers to evaluate staff performance, check on customer service and evaluate front line cashier staff. Retail managers use…
- 80Succeeding in business can be a hassle and a headache without the right tools. This is especially true when dealing with ecommerce. Regardless of the market, service, or goods being offered, the one tool that is essential to the success of every online ecommerce business is a reliable ecommerce shopping…
- 78---<<+>>-----<<+>>-----<<+>>-----<<+>>-----<<+>>-----<<+>> Shopping Tips: 1. If you are over 50 you can save hundreds of dollars off of car insurance and hotel stays by joining AARP (American Association of Retired Persons). Also, adding your children to your car insurance policy can also save you hundreds per year too. 2. If you…
- 78Many small and medium sized businesses have found that working through an Application Service Provider or ASP (hosted and managed shopping cart software), removes the hassles that are standard in managing an online store or shopping cart. Furthermore, it is now accepted that outsourcing this function will not only benefit…
- 78How safe is diamond and jewelry shopping on the internet? What do you need to know! An interview with Patrick J. Boening, President & CEO of the Diamond Wholesale Corporation, aka: DWC Inc. One of North America's top firms in the diamond online and wholesale business. (http://www.DiamondWholesaleCorporation.com) February 11, 2009--…
- 78Christmas shopping is no longer confined to the local mall or an annual catalog that happens to find it's way into your mailbox. Thanks to advanced technology, there is literally a whole world of shopping at your fingertips. The internet has revolutionized the way people shop and, besides, what better…
Share Your Thoughts
Category: Tips Articles