Baby Clothes: 7 Money Saving Shopping Tips for New Parent
Perhaps the biggest problem with baby clothes is that they don’t last. Not because they wear out, but because your baby quickly out grows them.
It’s important to plan your baby clothes shopping around the growth of your baby. If you don’t, you could be wasting money.
Keep in mind these seven tips while you plan your baby clothes shopping:
1. Wear a Larger Size
People say babies grow fast, and they’re right about that. You’ll be wasting money if you buy perfect fitting clothes because they’ll soon be too small. Buying a larger size will extend the amount of time your baby can wear them.
2. Make a Weather Prediction
Stop and think for a moment about clothes labels that state size in terms of a baby’s age, such as 12 or 18 months. Then ask this question: “When my baby is X months old, what will the weather or temperature be like?” Get the answer to this question correct and you’ll buy clothes that not only fit, but also will be appropriate for the season.
3. Find Easy To Put On Outfits
Sometimes you’ll struggle to dress your baby into an outfit you want him to wear. Outfits that come in several pieces, button from behind or pull over the head may require more of your patience and time. Outfits that come in one piece, open in the front, have zippers, or snap buttons should be easier to deal with.
4. Have Enough for Emergencies
Food can drop on your baby’s clothes while you’re feeding him. If your baby becomes sick, he might throw-up on his outfit. When a messy accident occurs, you’ll need a clean set of clothes ready for your baby to wear.
5. Save at The Clearance Racks
You can save a bundle at the clearance racks. Almost every type of store has these. In addition, if you wait for a big sale you can save even more. Some stores will also markdown the clearance item further at the cash register.
6. Accept Hand Me Downs
Your family and friends may want to give you their children’s baby clothes. They may have new clothes that their baby didn’t have a chance to wear. If you decide to accept what they are willing to give, you’ll save yourself some money, especially if they have clothing you would have bought.
7. Exchange Old Clothes for Cash
Sell the clothes your baby no longer fits into on eBay. eBay is just an example. There are many other ways to trade your old clothes for cash. You may not make as much as you had originally paid for them, however, you’ll at least earn some of your money back.
If getting the most use out of the clothes you buy for your child is important to you, then the seven tips in this article should help you accomplish this. Take these ideas with you the next time you go baby clothes shopping. You’ll feel good about the clothes you buy for your baby and the money you’re going to save.
Wanda Lam, a working mom, will show you how to save as much as 80% on name brand children clothes, shoes, accessories and more. Visit Baby Clothes Store to discover the bargains just waiting for new parents like you.
About the author:
Wanda knows how to find deals and bargains. She is a mom and homemaker and works full time in the pharmaceutical industry. She graduated with a degree in nutrition from a 4-year university.
Written by: Wanda Lam
User Review( votes)
- 72Mystery shopping is a long time and very easy to understand concept. In this very competitive age customer service is paramount to retailers. These retailers hire mystery shoppers, also known as secret shoppers to evaluate staff performance, check on customer service and evaluate front line cashier staff. Retail managers use…
- 72---<<+>>-----<<+>>-----<<+>>-----<<+>>-----<<+>>-----<<+>> Shopping Tips: 1. If you are over 50 you can save hundreds of dollars off of car insurance and hotel stays by joining AARP (American Association of Retired Persons). Also, adding your children to your car insurance policy can also save you hundreds per year too. 2. If you…
- 70This article shows how doing it online, enhances your overall Christmas experience! Christmas shopping online is not for you? If you are one of those that share this thought, you probably like to enjoy the atmosphere of physical shopping. Doing your Christmas shopping online despite all its convenience, lack…
- 70Discount Online Shopping Wednesday, April 27, 2009 - - Discount online shopping is a welcome reality of modern life, combining the convenience of purchasing over the Internet with considerable cost savings. And for the very best of discount online shopping in the United States and Canada, there is only one…
- 68Valetta, Malta - September 15, 2009 - Staying alert to turbulent market opportunities and growing thirst for gambling goods and accessories, Gamblinggates.com has launched its long-awaited e-shopping facility. GamblingGates.com customers are presented with a wide-ranging selection of gambling-related books, videos, DVDs, games and accessories. Look at reviews, descriptions, and other details…
- 68Sometimes you need extra money for unexpected expenses like car repairs, unexpected bills, health expenses, school expenses, or a myriad of other reasons. Where do you go to get money for these unplanned expenses? Personal loans are available from many different companies and lenders for consumers today whether you have…
Share Your Thoughts
Category: Tips Articles