Bad Credit Auto Loan Refinance – Tips To Increase Your Odds Of Getting Approved
Plan to refinance your auto loan but have bad credit? You can still find financing at reasonable rates by searching online for your lenders. Researching rates and terms will lead you to a good deal, saving you money each month. Increase your odds of getting approved for the best loans by following these tips.
Think About A Co-Signer
The better your credit score, the better your rates. So if you don’t have great credit, look for someone who does. By having them co-sign for your loan, you can find yourself qualifying for much better rates. Lenders look at your co-signers record, but you pay for the loan.
If you are a couple, you may also choose to use the person with the best credit score to apply for the refinance auto loan. You can find out who has the better record by requesting your credit score online.
Update Your Credit Report
While you can’t change your credit report overnight, you can be sure it is in the best condition possible. Take a few minutes to review your free copy and make sure all information has been updated. You may also want to include an open letter explaining any reasons for your bad credit score. Mitigating factors, such as a job loss or illness, are sometimes considered by lenders.
Eliminate Old Debt, Hold Onto Cash Assets
Besides your payment history, lenders also look at your debt and cash assets when considering your loan application. The less debt you have, the better you look to lenders – especially if you have a high income.
Cash assets are also important. Lenders like to see at least six months of cash reserves in the bank. This can mean a savings account, money market, or CD.
Be Honest With Your Information
More than likely, you will be approved for refinancing. What rates you qualify for depends on your information. So to get the most accurate loan estimate, be honest about your credit background. That way, when you actually apply for the loan, you will be approved for the rate quoted.
Remember too that not all lenders charge the same rate. A careful search will bring up favorable rates, even for those with poor credit. Sub-prime lenders often provide loans on a point or two
About the author:
Written by: Carrie Reeder
User Review( votes)
- 80Bad Credit Mortgage Refinance If you are looking to refinance your mortgage but believe you will be unable to because your credit may be challenged by late payments, bankruptcy, charge off's, or unpaid medical bills to name a few, don't worry, there is hope. There are literally thousands of lenders…
- 77The airwaves these days seem to be full of advertisements for consumers to obtain their credit reports and also apply for credit cards. Apart from encouraging consumers to obtain their credit reports, consumers are not told and do not fully understand why it is that important. Most people, after all,…
- 77You have probably heard of auto refinance before. Or simply refinance. The term "refinance" actually refers to a financial situation wherein a borrower finds financing to pay off a current loan. Refinance is often put into practice in home buying. In fact, refinancing is one of the most popular methods…
- 76There are a number of different reasons to do your home refinancing online. The internet is changing the way people do business today. Your experience refinancing online should be better than the traditional way to refinance. Here are some of the benefits to doing your home loan refinance online: Everything…
- 75Unfortunately, those people who have poor credit ratings, even those who are trying to reform their ways, are rarely taken seriously when trying to conduct normal transactions. A bad credit rating can make it exceedingly difficult to get important financing, such as car loans, mortgages, and credit cards. Fortunately, a bad…
- 752 years ago bargain mortgage rate shoppers are on a refinancing spree. While many homeowners seeking to reduce monthly payments and overall rates have secured unbelievably great deals, others have gotten the short end of the stick. Now that rates are rising the question is how can you refinance your…
- 74Purchasing a new vehicle requires more than just deciding what type of car to buy and how much to pay. Unless you have a lot of cash saved and can buy the car upfront, you will have to decide upon some type of financing. Before choosing a car finance company,…
Share Your Thoughts
Category: Tips Articles