Considerations When Shopping for a Handbag
Handbag styles are not only very diversified but they also fall in and out of fashion quite frequently. Although a handbag is not considered one of the main components of your outfit, it can still influence your overall aspect as much as a pair of shoes, blouse or jeans. Choosing the right handbag goes far beyond matching colors with the shoes. There are several things that you should consider, such as shape, size and length of the handbag. Here is how each of these factors can influence the impact a handbag has on your looks.
Unlike clothing, the handbag is an accessory that stands out from your body figure. This is why the shape of the handbag can have such a powerful visual impact. When shopping for one, try to get the exact opposite of what your body type is. If you are short try to get a taller handbag that will enhance your vertical look. Not only will the vertical handbag make you look taller but it will also help you look slimmer, since it directs the viewer’s eyes on the vertical rather than on the horizontal. On the other hand, if you are tall and thin, you might want to get a rounder handbag.
There are several handbag types that you can choose from. Hobo bags are popular shoulder bags that offer a nice round shape and a lot of interior room. Satchels are large handled bags that offer a lot of room but are less elegant. On the opposite side you will find the clutch bag, which is very small and fancy, mostly used for evening wear and other special occasions.
The duffle bag takes us back to the larger sized category, while the field bag is sportier and is a flap top shoulder bag. Hermes style bags are structured in shape and they have select closures that are intentionally visible. Tote handbags are highly popular. They have handles or straps, depending on the model, and are open top bags. Messenger style bags are mostly shoulder bags and are usually worn across the body. Among other popular handbag styles, you will find the cigar box, which is a hard cover bag and the pouch, which is a small and soft covered bag.
The other thing to consider is the size of the handbag. If you are small and thin, try not to carry around huge bags that will look disproportionate to your body. On the other hand, if you have a few extra pounds, you might not want to stress that with a bag that is barely visible and seems more like a toy rather than a real handbag. The length of the handles is also important – medium sized handles work best in all cases. In general, long handles and a vertically oriented handbag make you look slimmer.
There is one other final element for you to consider: Will this handbag suit your lifestyle? Do not get an elegant and fragile bag if you are used to carrying a lot of stuff in it and going through subway traffic everyday. Make the choice that will complement your life style in the best way and make the most out of enjoying your shopping experience.
About the Author
George Anderson has a good understanding of handbags, especially designer handbags and how important they are to a woman’s presentation
Written by: George Anderson
User Review( votes)
- 77Mystery shopping is a long time and very easy to understand concept. In this very competitive age customer service is paramount to retailers. These retailers hire mystery shoppers, also known as secret shoppers to evaluate staff performance, check on customer service and evaluate front line cashier staff. Retail managers use…
- 76The Brighton handbag was added to the Brighton line of stylish accessories in 1993. Each Brighton handbag goes through 20 steps during its creation. Upon completion of the process a leather patch, embossed with Brighton's statement of quality and an individual serial number is added. As you can see they…
- 75Discount Online Shopping Wednesday, April 27, 2009 - - Discount online shopping is a welcome reality of modern life, combining the convenience of purchasing over the Internet with considerable cost savings. And for the very best of discount online shopping in the United States and Canada, there is only one…
- 75Burberry, maker of the classic trench coat and plaid scarf, has transformed itself into one of the hottest brands in fashion today making Burberry Handbags. The Burberry Handbag is a mainstay of high fashion, so much so many companies have started making replica Burberry handbags. Burberry was founded in 1856…
- 74This article shows how doing it online, enhances your overall Christmas experience! Christmas shopping online is not for you? If you are one of those that share this thought, you probably like to enjoy the atmosphere of physical shopping. Doing your Christmas shopping online despite all its convenience, lack…
- 74Sometimes you need extra money for unexpected expenses like car repairs, unexpected bills, health expenses, school expenses, or a myriad of other reasons. Where do you go to get money for these unplanned expenses? Personal loans are available from many different companies and lenders for consumers today whether you have…
- 73Valetta, Malta - September 15, 2009 - Staying alert to turbulent market opportunities and growing thirst for gambling goods and accessories, Gamblinggates.com has launched its long-awaited e-shopping facility. GamblingGates.com customers are presented with a wide-ranging selection of gambling-related books, videos, DVDs, games and accessories. Look at reviews, descriptions, and other details…
- 73---<<+>>-----<<+>>-----<<+>>-----<<+>>-----<<+>>-----<<+>> Shopping Tips: 1. If you are over 50 you can save hundreds of dollars off of car insurance and hotel stays by joining AARP (American Association of Retired Persons). Also, adding your children to your car insurance policy can also save you hundreds per year too. 2. If you…
- 73Many small and medium sized businesses have found that working through an Application Service Provider or ASP (hosted and managed shopping cart software), removes the hassles that are standard in managing an online store or shopping cart. Furthermore, it is now accepted that outsourcing this function will not only benefit…
Share Your Thoughts
Category: Tips Articles