E-commerce Solution: Shopping Cart Or Web Store?
If you’re planning on opening your own online store, you should make sure that you learn all about e-commerce, so that you can select the best online store builder for your business. One big decision you want to make early on is whether you want your online store to consist only of a shopping cart, or if you want your online store to be your entire site, with shopping cart functionalities available to every page. Let’s look at the options.
Ecommerce Option One: Complete Online Store
Software that creates a complete online store for you, with completely integrated ecommerce capabilities, is arguably best for new websites, since it will save you the trouble of buying separate content management software and then integrating it with your current site.
Here are some things you can do with a completely ecommerce-enabled web store that you can’t do with a traditional website that just has a CMS attached:
* Show a “in your shopping cart” list of selected items to users who add something to a cart, then continue browsing your site. Studies have shown that “shopping cart abandonment,” in which users add something to the cart and then forget about it while browsing the site, is greatly reduced when users can see their shopping cart contents in front of them at all times.
* Feature a different product on your homepage each day, rotating based on a dynamic selection from your shopping cart inventory.
* Automatically recommend a brand new product to users who are browsing a related page on your site-without updating the code on that page.
* Remind returning visitors to your homepage of an item they added to a shopping cart on a previous visit but did not purchase.
* Manage your entire website’s look and feel, including both the regular pages and the shopping cart pages, from a single interfaces, without having to copy changes in design from one to the other.
* Automatically remove a product featured on regular pages of your site when it is no longer in stock.
* Show an updated list of the latest additions to your inventory on the homepage or other non-shopping-cart pages.
* Display a signup form for users to receive email announcements of new products, dynamically generated from your web store.
Ecommerce Option Two: Separate Shopping Cart
If you already have a website, transferring everything to a new web store system can be daunting. You may want to start your foray into ecommerce with a simple add-on shopping cart.
But don’t limit your possibilities for the future. You can still employ a full-featured web store now and simply use only its shopping cart functions. Simply set up the online store to show in a directory or subdomain of your existing domain, or host it off-site completely. Then link to the individual product pages on the web store from your existing site.
Users never have to know the shopping cart is actually a full-featured site with its own homepage-they’ll never see those pages, and in many web store software packages, you can simply disable those pages from every being created.
After all, on the web you don’t have to buy a bigger building to expand your store. Why limit your growth with less-fully-featured software? Choose ecommerce software that will grow with your business, and your store can grow as big as you can make it.
About the author:
Joel Walsh is a writer and online business owner. Check out this affordable web store : http://www.easystorecreator.com?%20Ecommerce%20Solutions [Publish this article on your website! Requirement: live link for above URL/web address w/ link text/anchor text: “Ecommerce Solutions” OR leave this bracketed message intact.]
Written by: Joel Walsh
User Review( votes)
- 85Succeeding in business can be a hassle and a headache without the right tools. This is especially true when dealing with ecommerce. Regardless of the market, service, or goods being offered, the one tool that is essential to the success of every online ecommerce business is a reliable ecommerce shopping…
- 76Discount Online Shopping Wednesday, April 27, 2009 - - Discount online shopping is a welcome reality of modern life, combining the convenience of purchasing over the Internet with considerable cost savings. And for the very best of discount online shopping in the United States and Canada, there is only one…
- 76Many small and medium sized businesses have found that working through an Application Service Provider or ASP (hosted and managed shopping cart software), removes the hassles that are standard in managing an online store or shopping cart. Furthermore, it is now accepted that outsourcing this function will not only benefit…
- 76This article shows how doing it online, enhances your overall Christmas experience! Christmas shopping online is not for you? If you are one of those that share this thought, you probably like to enjoy the atmosphere of physical shopping. Doing your Christmas shopping online despite all its convenience, lack…
- 71Valetta, Malta - September 15, 2009 - Staying alert to turbulent market opportunities and growing thirst for gambling goods and accessories, Gamblinggates.com has launched its long-awaited e-shopping facility. GamblingGates.com customers are presented with a wide-ranging selection of gambling-related books, videos, DVDs, games and accessories. Look at reviews, descriptions, and other details…
- 71How safe is diamond and jewelry shopping on the internet? What do you need to know! An interview with Patrick J. Boening, President & CEO of the Diamond Wholesale Corporation, aka: DWC Inc. One of North America's top firms in the diamond online and wholesale business. (http://www.DiamondWholesaleCorporation.com) February 11, 2009--…
- 70Mystery shopping is a long time and very easy to understand concept. In this very competitive age customer service is paramount to retailers. These retailers hire mystery shoppers, also known as secret shoppers to evaluate staff performance, check on customer service and evaluate front line cashier staff. Retail managers use…
- 69eDeals Superstore Online shopping for Housewares, Gifts, Toys, TVs, Hardware, Tools, Cameras and more. With a medley of shopping sites exisitng on the web, there is one superstore that outshines all others. One online store designed specifically to satisfy all your discount shopping needs, and at the same time, keeps…
Share Your Thoughts
Category: Tips Articles