Evening Wear Shopping Tips
Don’t let shopping for that special evening dress intimidate you! With a little help, you can start early and find the perfect dress for evening out. Here’s how:
Decide on the formality. Is it cocktail or evening attire? Cocktail and evening attire is dressier – think little black dress. Long dresses are reserved for formal black-tie affairs.
The most important feature of your new dress is it’s style and color. Not every dress works for all body types. Dress to flatter your figure. If you aren’t sure what is your best asset, ask a friend or salesperson.
Once you know the type of dress, now choose a style. Instead of going trendy, select a dress that reflects classic, timeless elegance. Here are some styles to choose from.
Halter Dresses are one of the sexiest formal looks around. Several version exist including a tie-behind-the-neck look. Straps vary in size, width and fabrics. A halter dress draws attention to the upper half of the body including the face, shoulders and bust line. This is great to draw unwanted attention away from the hips and legs. Skip the necklace and opt for earrings when wearing a halter dress.
Cocktail dresses are the most versatile for special occasions. Most opt for the little black dress which is the most popular look for a cocktail. Today, jewel-tones, bright and rich fabrics do well for a short evening dress. Most cocktail dresses can be easily accessorized with pearls, diamond, gold and silver. If you want to hide wide hips, opt for a dress that is strapless or has cap sleeves.
For simplicity, nothing beats a sheath dress. They are flattering with clean lines to keep the dress from overwhelming your figure. The sheath dress can be dressed up or down as the situation dictates. The jacket dress provides more coverage without the fuss of a wrap. The matching dress and jacket is perfect for anniversaries and weddings.
Not every figure looks best in a one piece dress. For those hard-to-fit bodies, a dressy separate can do the trick. Choose one special piece and mix it with a solid piece for that special occasion. Off the shoulder dresses instantly shows off lots of skin but not in areas that make you uncomfortable. Accentuate the look with a great necklace piece or brooch.
About the author:
Bridget Allen has worked for many years in the fashion industry, at a senior level, and she has written an amazing, totally free fashionista minicourse that will thrill, entertain, and most importantly educate you about what you absolutely need to know about fashion. Get the free course ” Fashionista Essentials” now. Click Fashionista Essentials now.
Written by: Bridget P. Allen
User Review( votes)
- 78Mystery shopping is a long time and very easy to understand concept. In this very competitive age customer service is paramount to retailers. These retailers hire mystery shoppers, also known as secret shoppers to evaluate staff performance, check on customer service and evaluate front line cashier staff. Retail managers use…
- 76Discount Online Shopping Wednesday, April 27, 2009 - - Discount online shopping is a welcome reality of modern life, combining the convenience of purchasing over the Internet with considerable cost savings. And for the very best of discount online shopping in the United States and Canada, there is only one…
- 75This article shows how doing it online, enhances your overall Christmas experience! Christmas shopping online is not for you? If you are one of those that share this thought, you probably like to enjoy the atmosphere of physical shopping. Doing your Christmas shopping online despite all its convenience, lack…
- 75---<<+>>-----<<+>>-----<<+>>-----<<+>>-----<<+>>-----<<+>> Shopping Tips: 1. If you are over 50 you can save hundreds of dollars off of car insurance and hotel stays by joining AARP (American Association of Retired Persons). Also, adding your children to your car insurance policy can also save you hundreds per year too. 2. If you…
- 74Valetta, Malta - September 15, 2009 - Staying alert to turbulent market opportunities and growing thirst for gambling goods and accessories, Gamblinggates.com has launched its long-awaited e-shopping facility. GamblingGates.com customers are presented with a wide-ranging selection of gambling-related books, videos, DVDs, games and accessories. Look at reviews, descriptions, and other details…
- 72Succeeding in business can be a hassle and a headache without the right tools. This is especially true when dealing with ecommerce. Regardless of the market, service, or goods being offered, the one tool that is essential to the success of every online ecommerce business is a reliable ecommerce shopping…
- 72The internet is a wonderful place to find free mystery shopping jobs and related information. This $600 million industry offers professional shoppers with the opportunity to work flexible hours and earn money while doing it. A wealth of information on free mystery shopping jobs is just a click away. In…
- 71Easy online shopping for motorcycle parts. In buying motorcycle parts and accessories remember that the time spent in studying the motorcycle part is well worth it. There are lot of companies who offer more and provide less benefits and its always the same excuse when something goes wrong--We will check…
- 70Sometimes you need extra money for unexpected expenses like car repairs, unexpected bills, health expenses, school expenses, or a myriad of other reasons. Where do you go to get money for these unplanned expenses? Personal loans are available from many different companies and lenders for consumers today whether you have…
Share Your Thoughts
Category: Tips Articles