Finance and Divorce
Are Your Finances Prepared For Divorce?
Life is hard and nothing is more testing and straining than going through a divorce. A divorce can indeed be a stressful time without the added pressures on ones finances. Besides emotional erosion, a divorce is also known to be a costly event in a person’s life; however provisions can be made by both parties to ensure that the financial strain incurred through divorce is made to be an equally-shared responsibility.
The best way to ensure that your divorce does not put a strain on your finances is to be realistic. What are the objectives or goals to be reached financially? People often are so used to sharing their finances when they are married that the prospect of divorce leaves them feeling confused as to what they own as an individual.
Initially couples have to embrace the fact that they are individuals and so are their finances. They are individual finances. By calculating what each person is worth or has contributed to the relationship often helps solve the problem.
The thing to do is to get help from a professional finance advisor who can aid you in this. By doing this, you are being realistic about the financial implications of a divorce. Lawyer fees can be more expensive than expected if the divorce drags out endlessly because as a couple you cannot reach an agreement. If you don’t want to do this for your partner as a gesture of decency, then at least do it for your own financial future.
The tragic thing about this whole ordeal is that couples are often so bitter that they cannot see through their own disappointment. Instead they opt for a full on war with each other and forget what this war costs them in terms of personal finance. Maybe people should learn to more realistic: once it is over it is over. Pack your bags and move on; save yourself from the bills that will come on after, leaving you in a financial mess that might take too long to sort out.
For more information Toronto Debt Consolidation
About the Author
Written by: Brad J. Tamitnowson
User Review( votes)
- 94Navigating the emotional and financial minefield of divorce is one of the toughest things you’ll ever do. Here’s a somewhat disheartening and sobering fact: the divorce rate in Canada has doubled from that of the early 70s. While the legalities of getting a divorce may have become somewhat easier in…
- 85Money makes the world go round, as they say, and while the whole world is full of those crisp or wilted paper bills it seems that they like to slip right through our hands so quickly. People who know how to make a dollar or two with ease enter the…
- 84Unfortunately, those people who have poor credit ratings, even those who are trying to reform their ways, are rarely taken seriously when trying to conduct normal transactions. A bad credit rating can make it exceedingly difficult to get important financing, such as car loans, mortgages, and credit cards. Fortunately, a bad…
- 83Credit cards, personal loans, mortgages and other forms of personal credit are an everyday part of financial life for all UK consumers. Looking at the figures for UK personal debt shows that Britain appears to be addicted to borrowing money and still continues obtaining more from the financial institutions. By…
- 82If any institution is known for managing finance, it is banks. This is why many people seek advice about personal finances from professionals at their local bank. Banks can provide you with personalized finance solutions. They can help you better manage your finances. Talking to a bank advisor can often…
- 82Finance And Lifestyle - Are They Interlinked? When it comes to lifestyle, many debates spark up. Many people have their own idea of what lifestyle really is. But it is clear that finance and lifestyle need to co-exist in some form. In order for you to afford a certain lifestyle,…
- 80In this age of information, keeping track of your finances does not mean an archaic jumble of ledgers, calculators, and papers filled with calculations in chicken scratch. Now everything can be taken care of on your computer through personal finance software. Personal Finance Software: Organize Your Finances Your finances are…
- Finance Forums,UK Finance Forum,Finance Message Boards,Business & Finance Forums,Online Finance Advice UK79Seek.UK launches a Finance forum! London (Seek UK) January 16, 2009 - Seek, one of UK's leading financial directories has launched its Finance forum http://forum.seek.uk.com The Seek finance forum is a platform that gives netizens an opportunity to exchange ideas, thoughts and opinions on various matters related to finance. Whether you…
- 79The airwaves these days seem to be full of advertisements for consumers to obtain their credit reports and also apply for credit cards. Apart from encouraging consumers to obtain their credit reports, consumers are not told and do not fully understand why it is that important. Most people, after all,…
- 78Recent findings from the Educational Policy Institute indicated that the UK is the third most expensive place in the world to go to university. Combine this with figures from the Prudential, showing that a third of university students have considered abandoning their studies due to the financial strain they have…
Share Your Thoughts
Category: Tips Articles