Finance is for Everyone
Money makes the world go round, as they say, and while the whole world is full of those crisp or wilted paper bills it seems that they like to slip right through our hands so quickly.
People who know how to make a dollar or two with ease enter the world of finance, which is the business of managing your money and your other assets. If you’ve got a bank account, finance is involved.
If you’re considering an investment to support your future, you’re thinking in terms of finance. Maybe it’s on our minds 24/7. After all, we need money to survive, and most of our lives is spent on making it. Not just stockbrokers or bankers or investors, the so-called money-jugglers of society.
The thing is, finance is really for everyone. If you’ve got money, then you have to involve your brain in the act of finance or money-managing to get the most bang for your buck. Otherwise, you will splurge and you will wonder where in the world the money went.
The best time to start learning about finance is the time you start to receive money. Think about it. When you received a check in the mail from your grandma as your birthday present, weren’t you already thinking of what you were going to spend it all on?
That is the essence of finance, although that very act may have been insensible and financially disagreeable; hey, you were just a kid, after all.
Maybe you were a smart kid, one who knew how money goes. Maybe you’ve stashed it in your secret hiding place. Maybe you started to go into business by selling lemonade (although maybe you drank more than half of it too). Maybe you gave some away to your favorite charity. Yup, that was finance too. We all know better now, don’t we?
It hasn’t changed much; we go out to make money, we spend some, we save some, until we have enough to make a couple of major purchases such as homes or vacations. Only we know a bit more. And we’ve understood more of the finance jargon that sometimes rolls on the tongue.
Investments. Assets. Loans. Benefits. Mortgage. Insurance. Knowlege is power, as they say, and knowledge on how to finance will lead you to finance greater amounts of money in the future. So study up. Take finance management classes. Follow the stock market. Listen in on discussions.
Finance also includes self-discipline. Sometimes you have to keep yourself from small pleasures in order to attain the bigger more important things. Finance means that you need to set your priorities straight. Sacrifice may seem like a lot at the moment but the end will justify the means.
Finance is planning ahead. For your future. For your future’s future. For your financial safety and stability. Because it is a very difficult thing to get by in this world without the proper resources. It is preparation for the unknown. Managing your finances mean decreasing the number of worry lines on your face.
So if you’ve got money, if you’re planning to make money, or if you’re thinking about money, well then, you’re thinking about finance. Just keep in mind not just to think about finance, but to think about it wisely, too.
About the author:
Written by: James Monahan
User Review( votes)
- 91Finance And Lifestyle - Are They Interlinked? When it comes to lifestyle, many debates spark up. Many people have their own idea of what lifestyle really is. But it is clear that finance and lifestyle need to co-exist in some form. In order for you to afford a certain lifestyle,…
- 88All too often people make the mistake of thinking that they are capable of handling their own finances without any worries at all. However, in most cases people learn rather quickly they cannot handle their own finances without help or assistance from anyone else. However, with some simple tips and…
- 87Unfortunately, those people who have poor credit ratings, even those who are trying to reform their ways, are rarely taken seriously when trying to conduct normal transactions. A bad credit rating can make it exceedingly difficult to get important financing, such as car loans, mortgages, and credit cards. Fortunately, a bad…
- 86In this age of information, keeping track of your finances does not mean an archaic jumble of ledgers, calculators, and papers filled with calculations in chicken scratch. Now everything can be taken care of on your computer through personal finance software. Personal Finance Software: Organize Your Finances Your finances are…
- 85Confused by how to finance a small business? One key to a successful business start-up and expansion is your ability to obtain and secure appropriate financing. Raising capital is the most basic of all business activities. But as many new entrepreneurs quickly discover, raising capital may not be easy; in…
- 85Are Your Finances Prepared For Divorce? Life is hard and nothing is more testing and straining than going through a divorce. A divorce can indeed be a stressful time without the added pressures on ones finances. Besides emotional erosion, a divorce is also known to be a costly event in…
- Finance Forums,UK Finance Forum,Finance Message Boards,Business & Finance Forums,Online Finance Advice UK82Seek.UK launches a Finance forum! London (Seek UK) January 16, 2009 - Seek, one of UK's leading financial directories has launched its Finance forum http://forum.seek.uk.com The Seek finance forum is a platform that gives netizens an opportunity to exchange ideas, thoughts and opinions on various matters related to finance. Whether you…
- 82Here are some useful finance tips to get you started on the right path to your finance success. Knowing how to secure your financial well-being is one of the most important things you'll ever need in life. You don't have to be a genius to do it. You just need…
- 82The airwaves these days seem to be full of advertisements for consumers to obtain their credit reports and also apply for credit cards. Apart from encouraging consumers to obtain their credit reports, consumers are not told and do not fully understand why it is that important. Most people, after all,…
- 81Personal finance is an individual's financial status. It's about how much money you have, and how much you need. It is about managing your money - today and for tomorrow. Money is the currency on which all world economies function. Income - expenditure -bills- debts - savings: These are a…
Share Your Thoughts
Category: Tips Articles