Fortune3 shopping cart software for E-Commerce – Stand-alone version
Many professional web developers including myself use the Fortune3 shopping cart software to create online stores for our clients. But you can only use this shopping cart program if you host with them. Although Fortune3 software popularity atDownload.com, Zdnet, and Tucows.com goes far beyond all other shopping carts, there is now a new reality; prices of broadband and web servers have dropped dramatically, so we must push for independence to keep competitive.
We have been asking Fortune3 for a stand-alone version that can run in any web server. We are constantly bringing to their attention the inconvenience of the hosting dependency and the recurrent monthly fees. Many of our clients want to host in their own servers, building a growing concern among us.
Fortune3 says that it will not be easy to release a stand-alone version that will provide all the functionality of their hosted shopping cart, as the stand-alone version would be a HTML code generator instead of a database-driven Ecommerce engine. In other words, they don’t want to sell their shopping cart engine.
We must wait and see. Fortune3 never really announces their upcoming releases, but they listen. They are constantly releasing new versions of their software, so I wouldn’t be surprised one of these days we’ll have it.
About the Author
Mark is the development director of CommerceTree”>www.commercetree.com”>CommerceTree, an e-commerce development firm based in south Florida. Mark has a degree in computer sciences from FIU and 8 years of expertise in developing e-commerce sites for small and medium size companies.
Written by: Mark Newmark
User Review( votes)
- 68Succeeding in business can be a hassle and a headache without the right tools. This is especially true when dealing with ecommerce. Regardless of the market, service, or goods being offered, the one tool that is essential to the success of every online ecommerce business is a reliable ecommerce shopping…
- 64Many small and medium sized businesses have found that working through an Application Service Provider or ASP (hosted and managed shopping cart software), removes the hassles that are standard in managing an online store or shopping cart. Furthermore, it is now accepted that outsourcing this function will not only benefit…
- 64This article shows how doing it online, enhances your overall Christmas experience! Christmas shopping online is not for you? If you are one of those that share this thought, you probably like to enjoy the atmosphere of physical shopping. Doing your Christmas shopping online despite all its convenience, lack…
- 63Discount Online Shopping Wednesday, April 27, 2009 - - Discount online shopping is a welcome reality of modern life, combining the convenience of purchasing over the Internet with considerable cost savings. And for the very best of discount online shopping in the United States and Canada, there is only one…
- 61Mystery shopping is a long time and very easy to understand concept. In this very competitive age customer service is paramount to retailers. These retailers hire mystery shoppers, also known as secret shoppers to evaluate staff performance, check on customer service and evaluate front line cashier staff. Retail managers use…
- 59Christmas shopping is no longer confined to the local mall or an annual catalog that happens to find it's way into your mailbox. Thanks to advanced technology, there is literally a whole world of shopping at your fingertips. The internet has revolutionized the way people shop and, besides, what better…
- 59Valetta, Malta - September 15, 2009 - Staying alert to turbulent market opportunities and growing thirst for gambling goods and accessories, Gamblinggates.com has launched its long-awaited e-shopping facility. GamblingGates.com customers are presented with a wide-ranging selection of gambling-related books, videos, DVDs, games and accessories. Look at reviews, descriptions, and other details…
Share Your Thoughts
Category: Tips Articles