From desktop to doorstep – the Affinity Button – a new concept in armchair shopping
A recently launched shopping portal website, www.affinitybutton.com , is creating widespread interest in the UK offering visitors to its website a means of generating funds for a charity or good cause of their choice simply by browsing through the wide selection of products and services on offer through the website.
More than 200 charities and good causes have registered with the website since its launch in January this year, and visitors to the site are growing every day at a significant rate.
“Give us a year”, says Project Manager Andy Kay, “and we aim to see every desktop in the UK equipped with one of our Affinity Buttons. They can be downloaded very easily, cost nothing and give our Buttonholders the chance to window shop from the comfort of home, see a range of great products on offer and raise money for their selected charity automatically whether they decide to buy anything or not. Every Buttonholder has a unique account with us, and can check exactly how much activity they have generated, and how much they have raised for their selected charity or good cause”
The number of companies offering their products and services on the website is also growing very quickly. “Everybody I speak to sees the tremendous potential of this website to attract business for them”, says Andy, “as the number of our Buttonholders grow, and very soon we expect our registered buttonholders to reach the million mark, anybody wanting to offer products and services to an on-line audience really can’t afford to ignore this website. We can bring them hundreds, even thousands, of visitors – after that, it’s up to them, and what they are offering, to attract business”.
The Company’s latest initiative, ‘clicks for schools’, aims to attract schools nationwide, their pupils and parents/guardians as Affinity Buttonholders, and is focussing on vendors attractive to this category of web shopper/browser. “We are careful to ensure that all products and services offered through the Affinity Button website are entirely safe for all age groups to view”, explains Andy. “Whilst parents can set parental controls on what their children are able to view, we want to be sure that this sort of control is unnecessary so far as children visiting our website is concerned, and this policy is also re-assuring to our site vendors also”.
For more information about affinitybutton.com and details of current promotions and offers available, telephone Andy Kay on 01260-299735 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
About the Author
Affinity Online Ltd
Tel: +44 (0)1260 299735
Written by: Andy Key
User Review( votes)
- 66Mystery shopping is a long time and very easy to understand concept. In this very competitive age customer service is paramount to retailers. These retailers hire mystery shoppers, also known as secret shoppers to evaluate staff performance, check on customer service and evaluate front line cashier staff. Retail managers use…
- 64Discount Online Shopping Wednesday, April 27, 2009 - - Discount online shopping is a welcome reality of modern life, combining the convenience of purchasing over the Internet with considerable cost savings. And for the very best of discount online shopping in the United States and Canada, there is only one…
- 64This article shows how doing it online, enhances your overall Christmas experience! Christmas shopping online is not for you? If you are one of those that share this thought, you probably like to enjoy the atmosphere of physical shopping. Doing your Christmas shopping online despite all its convenience, lack…
- 63Valetta, Malta - September 15, 2009 - Staying alert to turbulent market opportunities and growing thirst for gambling goods and accessories, Gamblinggates.com has launched its long-awaited e-shopping facility. GamblingGates.com customers are presented with a wide-ranging selection of gambling-related books, videos, DVDs, games and accessories. Look at reviews, descriptions, and other details…
- 63Succeeding in business can be a hassle and a headache without the right tools. This is especially true when dealing with ecommerce. Regardless of the market, service, or goods being offered, the one tool that is essential to the success of every online ecommerce business is a reliable ecommerce shopping…
- 63---<<+>>-----<<+>>-----<<+>>-----<<+>>-----<<+>>-----<<+>> Shopping Tips: 1. If you are over 50 you can save hundreds of dollars off of car insurance and hotel stays by joining AARP (American Association of Retired Persons). Also, adding your children to your car insurance policy can also save you hundreds per year too. 2. If you…
- 62Many small and medium sized businesses have found that working through an Application Service Provider or ASP (hosted and managed shopping cart software), removes the hassles that are standard in managing an online store or shopping cart. Furthermore, it is now accepted that outsourcing this function will not only benefit…
Share Your Thoughts
Category: Tips Articles