Gift Shopping Tips for a Tight Budget
Have you seen the prices of greeting cards lately? It is hideous! Once you purchase the card and gift-wrap, your overall cost can easily increase by $10 to$15. If you are on a tight budget, this can be difficult as you spend more on the fluff and less on the actual gift. Not only are greeting cards expensive, their sizes often overwhelm small gifts, which make the overall presentation, looking goofy and unbalanced. Basically, you really don’t need to spend on expensive greeting cards to make an impression.
We all have this perception that greeting cards are the perfect match to gift giving. Although true, there are cost effective ways that can help you spend more on gifts and less on greeting cards. For instance, packaged blank cards are the best way to go as you pay less per card then individually. The other advantage of blank cards is that they are not specific to an occasion and can be used for anything. You should always have a pack handy and ready to use, as you never know when you will need to buy someone a last minute gift or card.
Choosing the right card can be time consuming. As the overall look of your gift is very important, you must consider size when choosing your card. The safest way is to choose a small size gift card, as it will fit to any size gift. In my opinion, the Groovy-0-Grams mini cards are the best to use as they fit perfectly on any size gift and they are very affordable. For the price of one greeting card, you get six per pack and you can use the mini cards for six different occasions. Now that’s a bargain! Not only are they affordable, the mini cards are really fun to use as they focus on different personalities rather then occasions. They also promote positive self- esteem, which is a gift in itself.
Being prepared in advance with a pack of mini cards will save you time and money. And, when those last minute gift frenzies strike, you will spend more on your gift and less on the fluff. Happy gift shopping!
About the Author
As the founder of Groovy Arts,Karen Couillard is known for being an entrepreneur in the world of art and design. Her signature art work has appeared in many publications as well as on several televison shows. Her expertise in the art and design industry has led her to teach workshops about art and business as well as write several “how to” articles that can be found on her website at www.groovyarts.com
Written by: Karen Couillard
User Review( votes)
- 73Mystery shopping is a long time and very easy to understand concept. In this very competitive age customer service is paramount to retailers. These retailers hire mystery shoppers, also known as secret shoppers to evaluate staff performance, check on customer service and evaluate front line cashier staff. Retail managers use…
- 71Discount Online Shopping Wednesday, April 27, 2009 - - Discount online shopping is a welcome reality of modern life, combining the convenience of purchasing over the Internet with considerable cost savings. And for the very best of discount online shopping in the United States and Canada, there is only one…
- 71Christmas shopping is no longer confined to the local mall or an annual catalog that happens to find it's way into your mailbox. Thanks to advanced technology, there is literally a whole world of shopping at your fingertips. The internet has revolutionized the way people shop and, besides, what better…
- 70This article shows how doing it online, enhances your overall Christmas experience! Christmas shopping online is not for you? If you are one of those that share this thought, you probably like to enjoy the atmosphere of physical shopping. Doing your Christmas shopping online despite all its convenience, lack…
- 69Valetta, Malta - September 15, 2009 - Staying alert to turbulent market opportunities and growing thirst for gambling goods and accessories, Gamblinggates.com has launched its long-awaited e-shopping facility. GamblingGates.com customers are presented with a wide-ranging selection of gambling-related books, videos, DVDs, games and accessories. Look at reviews, descriptions, and other details…
- 69Sometimes you need extra money for unexpected expenses like car repairs, unexpected bills, health expenses, school expenses, or a myriad of other reasons. Where do you go to get money for these unplanned expenses? Personal loans are available from many different companies and lenders for consumers today whether you have…
- 69---<<+>>-----<<+>>-----<<+>>-----<<+>>-----<<+>>-----<<+>> Shopping Tips: 1. If you are over 50 you can save hundreds of dollars off of car insurance and hotel stays by joining AARP (American Association of Retired Persons). Also, adding your children to your car insurance policy can also save you hundreds per year too. 2. If you…
Share Your Thoughts
Category: Tips Articles