Holiday Shopping On eBay
Whether we like it or not, the holiday season has become the shopping season. But there is a way to remove the traffic and hassles from your holiday gift buying — eBay. Shop in the comfort of your own home, and have fun in the process.
If you know the kinds of things your friends and family like, then eBay’s categories are ideal places to get ideas. And then a few clicks later, you’re shopping — at bargain basement prices.
eBay offers a cool way to come up with gift ideas. Think of a recent item that your gift recipient bought for themselves. Type it into eBay’s search box and see which category it’s in, then click the link to look at everything in that category. You’ll immediately have a huge list of things that they would probably love to have. If you know the recipient well, you should have no trouble sorting through the suggestions to find a special and unique gift.
Let History Be Your Guide
You have an extra tool available when the people you’re buying for are eBay users. If you know their eBay usernames, you can look at what they’ve been buying to see the kinds of things they may want.
First, click Advanced Search on the main page, then Find A Member on the left-hand menu to see an eBay user’s history. Type in the username and you’ll get their user page, which lists the item numbers of everything they have bought. Choose an item number and paste it into the eBay search box to find out what the item was. Voila! You have a nearly foolproof list of ideal gifts for that person on your shopping list.
Avoid Last-Minute Shopping
Don’t be tempted to use eBay for your last-minute holiday shopping, though. The prices will be high, and items might not reach you in time.
Every year there’s a toy every child wants and all the stores sell out. Suddenly the toy appears on eBay — at a premium. Holiday shoppers have to pay many times the gift’s value, and still don’t receive it in time for the big day. Don’t get caught in this snare.
‘Tis The Season
The holiday season is peak time at eBay because millions of people are shopping there. A good percentage of them are inexperienced eBay shoppers, who drive up prices far above normal. Try not to end up paying too much for an item just because it’s the last one you could receive in time, or because everyone else is bidding high. Know when to cut your losses, stop bidding, and just go buy something from the local store.
Keep It Jolly
eBay works best when it’s not taken too seriously. Treat it like a game, and you won’t be too disappointed if you lose. It can feel somewhat like gambling, but when that really rare gift for that special someone arrives on your doorstep just in time for Christmas, it all becomes worth it.
About the author:
Copyright 2009 Ron King. This article may be reprinted if the resource box is left intact and the links live.
Written by: Ron King
User Review( votes)
- 72My first reaction: This could be big The players: eBay Largest online auction site where buyers bid to buy products. Arguably the most well-known e-commerce site with over 100 million registered users. Billions in sales are transacted here worldwide. Shopping.com Shopping portal that helps shoppers find the least-expensive merchant to buy their…
- 71Mystery shopping is a long time and very easy to understand concept. In this very competitive age customer service is paramount to retailers. These retailers hire mystery shoppers, also known as secret shoppers to evaluate staff performance, check on customer service and evaluate front line cashier staff. Retail managers use…
- 70Discount Online Shopping Wednesday, April 27, 2009 - - Discount online shopping is a welcome reality of modern life, combining the convenience of purchasing over the Internet with considerable cost savings. And for the very best of discount online shopping in the United States and Canada, there is only one…
- 69Christmas shopping is no longer confined to the local mall or an annual catalog that happens to find it's way into your mailbox. Thanks to advanced technology, there is literally a whole world of shopping at your fingertips. The internet has revolutionized the way people shop and, besides, what better…
- 69This article shows how doing it online, enhances your overall Christmas experience! Christmas shopping online is not for you? If you are one of those that share this thought, you probably like to enjoy the atmosphere of physical shopping. Doing your Christmas shopping online despite all its convenience, lack…
- 68---<<+>>-----<<+>>-----<<+>>-----<<+>>-----<<+>>-----<<+>> Shopping Tips: 1. If you are over 50 you can save hundreds of dollars off of car insurance and hotel stays by joining AARP (American Association of Retired Persons). Also, adding your children to your car insurance policy can also save you hundreds per year too. 2. If you…
- 68Valetta, Malta - September 15, 2009 - Staying alert to turbulent market opportunities and growing thirst for gambling goods and accessories, Gamblinggates.com has launched its long-awaited e-shopping facility. GamblingGates.com customers are presented with a wide-ranging selection of gambling-related books, videos, DVDs, games and accessories. Look at reviews, descriptions, and other details…
Share Your Thoughts
Category: Tips Articles