How to get your spouse to love you again
Like the seasons, love in a relationship grows and wanes.
One of the most common myths in marriages is the belief that when the love wanes the relationship is over.
If your spouse says ‘I have fallen out of love with you,’ don’t panic. It doesn’t mean your marriage is over. It doesn’t even mean they don’t love you. What it does mean is that your spouse has lost their way, or doesn’t understand the many stages love and a relationship goes through.
You are being called to take charge of the situation, guide your spouse towards understanding this process, and even begin to rekindle your relationship.
The key to success is in understanding what is happening in your marriage and the role that love plays. It’s very easy for us to connect losing the feelings of being in love with actual loving when it is not really the case.
After the initial thrill of romance is gone, couples often find themselves lost and confused. What they don’t realize is that love is not just this heady lustful feeling that carries us away. That feeling has a shelf life. When the prospect of spending years together sets in, the correct question to ask one’s self would be ‘How now do I love without the initial thrill?’
We have to discover that every relationship has stages:
– falling in love,
– the honeymoon stage
– chaos or disillusionment,
– then mature love or resolution.
We are very quick to judge that we no longer love someone just because the feelings fade. With proper understanding, we can expect that even if the feeling may not be there, it doesn’t mean we don’t love.
In truth, love is a commitment. It is not just a feeling, it is a doing thing. A mature person loves by choice and not simply by circumstance.
The next step would be to manage your partner’s feelings or lack thereof by starting with dialogue. Talk about the feelings and find out what happened, where is it coming from? There are numerous tools and methods available for a couple ‘ together or with a counselor/mediator ‘ that would help them examine their present situation. Talk to your spouse and tell him or her that the relationship deserves at the very least, dialogue.
In dialogue, let your spouse talk and you listen. There may be important things you need to learn about your spouse and your marriage. On the other hand, you can also share your own feelings about what is happening. Try not to place blame on your spouse, however, but share your thoughts and feelings by using ‘I feel’ statements.
In the meantime, do some self-improvement. It is never too late to evolve into a happier, more mature and more lovable person – even if it’s just something you do for yourself. For all you know, this new you will be more attractive to your spouse and come as a surprise to him or her.
Finally, don’t stop reinforcing your presence in the marriage. Do some positive loving acts for your spouse without expecting anything in return. These mirror your mature, positive view of what love really is. Make these acts little things. They don’t have to be grand gestures.
It’s the everyday things that actually build trust, intimacy and love between couples.
This article is brought to you by Save My Marriage Today.
You may be making mistakes that will jeopardize your marriage recovery! My Save My Marriage Today course has helped save thousands of marriages and is guaranteed to deliver results or your money back.
You can’t afford to give your marriage 50%. You need 100% – you need the BEST, PROVEN METHODS and information now! You have to learn what it takes to save your marriage. Get the whole package that gives you REAL results… guaranteed.
You have to go to http://www.savemymarriagetoday.com/ and get this life-changing course.
Because your marriage deserves better!
User Review( votes)
- 79A reality of modern relationships is the knowledge that divorce statistics have been steadily escalating in recent years. Even now, all marriages have between a 40 and 50 percent chance of divorce, which increases for second and third marriages, which is why it's more important than ever to have the…
- 71Are you married to an addict or someone with deep personal issues? Is your marriage or family life going through a difficult time because of problems, financial concerns, abuse, or caring for a physically or emotionally handicapped family member? If so, do you find yourself making excuses for these issues?…
- 62Learn Car Spray Painting Techniques Like the Workshops - Proper Paint Guide: In this short space, it is impossible to go into detail at any length, so the following is a brief guideline to ensure quality workmanship and minimal negative comebacks. Of course, guidelines must be established, but they also…
- 34"While seeking home mortgages and refinances it is important to shop wisely to get the best deal possible. While most organizations offer a similar array of products, it is the service that makes the difference. On time service, immediate response systems to queries and strong support from an excellent panel…
- 31eDeals Superstore Online shopping for Housewares, Gifts, Toys, TVs, Hardware, Tools, Cameras and more. With a medley of shopping sites exisitng on the web, there is one superstore that outshines all others. One online store designed specifically to satisfy all your discount shopping needs, and at the same time, keeps…
- 31A recently launched shopping portal website, www.affinitybutton.com , is creating widespread interest in the UK offering visitors to its website a means of generating funds for a charity or good cause of their choice simply by browsing through the wide selection of products and services on offer through the website. More than…
- 30Moneynet adds weight to intelligent finance with new personal finance product guides Moneynet.co.uk, the UK’s longest established online personal finance information website, has recently published three online product guides to help consumers get to grips with the increasing complexity of personal finance products. With a strong stance on ethical finance,…