Our web community of business flight attendants is always thinking of ways to make traveling easier. You have to when your job takes you away from home base for several weeks at a time! The following tips are for business as well as leisure travelers.
1. Ring Around the Collar Dirty neck rings around shirt or blouse collars can be removed by putting shampoo on them. Rub the shampoo in as if you were washing your hair. Shampoo is specifically made to remove body oils the “ingredient” of neck rings.
2. Removing Gum You can pick up just about anything on the soles of your shoes. Removing gum can seem like one of the most difficult things to do. The solution? Rub ice on the gum to harden it and then use a dull knife to remove the gum. The gum will come right off without damaging your soles.
3. Killing Flies Are there flying insects in your hotel room? Hair spray will kill flies and most other insects.
4. Drying Out Wet Magazines or Books Place paper towels on both sides of a wet page to absorb the moisture and prevent wrinkling.
5. Lingering Onion or Fish Smells on Hands Can’t get rid of onion or fish smells on your hands? Wet them, sprinkle them generously with salt, and rinse.
About the author:
Copyright 2009 — Matthew Keegan is The Article Writer who writes on a variety of topics including: advocacy, automobiles, aviation, business, Christian themes, family, news, product reviews, travel, writing, and more. Samples from his portfolio are available right online.
Written by: Matthew C. Keegan